Over 50 recipes to advance community purposes in either the iOS and OS X environment
About This Book
- Use a number of Apple and third-party APIs to enhance either server and customer networked applications
- Shows you ways to combine the entire third-party libraries and APIs together with your applications
- Includes pattern tasks for either iOS and OS X environments
Who This e-book Is For
This publication is perfect for builders that are looking to create community functions for the Apple OS X or iOS structures. All examples are written in Objective-C utilizing XCode because the IDE. wisdom of Objective-C and X-Code is essential.
What you'll Learn
- Create patron- and server-based functions with the BSD socket API
- Create customer- and server-based purposes with CFNetworking
- Publish, locate, and attach consumer functions with servers utilizing Apple's Bonjour library
- Use the AFNetworking library to hook up with web-based services
- Connect to web-based companies utilizing the MKNetworking library
- Explore the LibNET packet building library in OS X
- Get to grips with the LibPCAP packet catch library in OS X
- Discover Apple's high-level APIs to hook up with units through Bluetooth
- Connect units with a Bluetooth connection
Darwin, which kinds the center set of parts for OS X and iOS, is suitable with the one UNIX Specification model three and POSIX UNIX. for this reason OS X and iOS are UNIX working structures. whereas there are various books and articles written to educate community improvement in a UNIX atmosphere there's unusually little devoted to educating community improvement in particular in an Apple surroundings. during this publication we are going to be masking the normal UNIX networking stack with BSD Sockets in addition to Apple's frameworks like CFNetworking and Bonjour.
"iOS and OS X community Programming Cookbook" is a charming code-focused booklet on constructing patron and server functions for the iOS and OS X environments. you are going to how to combine a few Unix (BSD Sockets), Apple particular (CFNetworking, NSMutableURLRequest, Bonjour) and 3rd occasion APIs (AFNetworking, MKNetworking) together with your personal apps.
"iOS and OS X community Programming Cookbook" starts off by means of displaying you ways to construct either buyer and server purposes utilizing the BSD Socket Library in addition to Apple's CFNetworking library. The pattern code comprises samples for either iOS and OS X.
It then covers the right way to upload Bonjour to post, locate, and fasten to prone. this is used to create peer-to-peer functions over neighborhood networks. eventually it indicates tips on how to combine third-party libraries like Libnet, LibPCAP, AFNetworking, and MKNetworking with the reader's apps.
A lot of builders do not understand that iOS is an entire UNIX-based working process that features a complete set of networking APIs. those APIs can be utilized to create either buyer- and server-based purposes within the iOS setting in addition to OS X. utilizing the Apple's Bonjour library you are going to how to submit, locate, and fasten the prone jointly with out hardcoding the relationship details. There also are a couple of third-party APIs that may be used to simply attach iOS and OS X purposes to web-based prone. ultimately this e-book will disguise numerous low point libraries like LibNET and LibPCAP at the OS X environment.
"iOS and OS X community Programming Cookbook" will conceal numerous UNIX, Apple, and third-party libraries and APIs. The publication will exhibit the person the best way to combine all of those libraries and APIs with their applications.